Are you looking for your next career challenge? Would you like to work in an international environment and expand your knowledge with technical operations? We are looking for a talented Superintendent who is ready to join UltraShip in a position that offers a unique opportunity for career development.
As our new Technical Superintendent you will play a key role in the safety performance of our company. Managing 3-5 of our vessels, you ensure integration between the vessels and the office, assisting the people onboard delivering safe and efficient operation.
You inspect vessels, develop budgets, monitor expenses and monitor work during dockings and major overhauls. Further, you ensure that we maintain compliance to regulatory and industry standards as well as our ambitious company standards.
Moreover, you monitor and participate in the development of our planned maintenance system, you have a particular focus on safety and environmentally critical equipment and you do not hesitate to intervene to ensure our high standards are maintained.
Among other interesting tasks, your responsibilities will be:
To succeed in the job
- Manage technical maintenance, inspections, surveys, repairs and dockings
- Close follow-up on the vessels’ maintenance ensuring optimal operational efficiency
- Engage in resolving technical issues on the assigned vessels
- Close cooperation with purchase department on spare parts
- Ensure the daily operation of the vessels according to legislations
- Liaise with the operation on future planning
- To be responsible for the vessels’ budgets
- To be an ambassador for UltraShip’s safety culture program
- Develop into a role where you will have the overall management of the assigned vessels
To build a successful career with us, you should be passionate about doing a great job and always act with your stakeholders’ needs in mind. Furthermore, the work environment is very important to us so the right candidate will be one who can contribute to a positive social atmosphere in the team.
You seek insight and you are curious about everything related to the vessel operation. You know that as a Technical Superintendent you have a lot of interaction with people onboard our vessels, and that you as a role model always use this opportunity to influence our safety culture positively.
You are a true team player and understand the importance of establishing good relations with your counterparts in order to obtain excellent results.
Furthermore, we are looking for the following qualifications and competencies:
- Marine Engineer/Dual Officer with excellent results
- Marine experience as engineer preferably from gas carrier or chemical tanker (not mandatory)
- You have thorough insights into safety, quality and vetting areas, preferably from the tank industry
- You are motivated by a hectic environment where priorities are constantly challenged and innovation is daily business
- Good English skills as English is our corporate language
- Customer focus and ability to communicate easily with both technical and commercial staff
Candidates with various backgrounds and seniority will be taken into consideration and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop into the role.
We offer a competitive salary which will reflect your experience and qualifications, as well as an attractive benefits package. Furthermore, we believe in freedom and flexibility under responsibility and constantly seek an optimal work-life balance for our teams.
In the Ultra Group, we are convinced that an optimal working environment requires an excellent social atmosphere across both departments and companies. As an employee in the Ultra Group you have the opportunity to join a running club, participate in the cross-fit programme , join the common breakfast every Friday or take part in some of the other social events planned throughout the year. In addition to this we also offer health insurance, a discount agreement with SATS and an in-house massage agreement.
Please submit your application and CV via the “apply” button as soon as possible and no later than 1 August 2020. For further information about the position, please contact Head of HR Carina Cappelen (+45) firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, don’t wait until the deadline as applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible. Your application will be kept confidential and our reply will be sent to the e-mail address you have registered in our recruitment system.